Saturday, November 24, 2007

brittney - she once fed baby raccoons

Brittney is the girl I sat next to on the plane from Dallas to Seattle. Top 10 things we talked about for the dreaded 4-1/2 hour flight:

1. Opened with showing Josh and I card tricks

2. Upon completing the 4th trick - she said "You know, I can draw really well too, wanna see?" Immediately she drew a picture of a boy with a squirrel hat (I know, instant BFF). Also drew pictures of a "Christmas flower" and beach scene.

3. We looked at pictures of her cat and boyfriend on her digital camera.

4. Pulled out her Nentendo something-something - totally dated myself by asking if it was the new Gameboy - she had no idea what I was talking about. We played a game where we had our own virtual cat to love, feed, play with - pretty cool.

5. I had to guess her nicknames: "Purple Bunny" because of her purple fur coat and "Country Girl" because of her love of country music.

6. Both her dad and uncle are artists - and she wants to be an artist too.

7. She once fed baby raccoons at her grandmothers house - and they were so cute (once I took care of baby squirrels - but I didn't get to tell her that story).

8. We pulled out the maps from the in-flight magazine and played a game where we had to find shapes in the countries.

9. Her dad loves dragons - so she was very excited when we flew over a river that looked like a dragon - she took lots of pictures for her dad.

10. When we were flying over the mountains, she asked if I wanted to do "switchies" so I had a better view (she was at the window - I had the middle seat).

How lucky that I got to sit next to my artist baby on the plane!

4 comments:

inthemiddle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
inthemiddle said...

ttp://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/mshbuck/2212Baby-Raccoon-Posters.jpg

inthemiddle said...

my favorite quote by far = "her dad loves dragons"

inthemiddle said...

holy crap "switchies??" -- are you guys keeping in touchies or what?