Thursday, February 7, 2008

how many white 30-year old women Obama supporters are there in Nashville?

Apparently more than just me...

I kind of wish I would have written this post a few days ago when I was still floating on cloud 9 with this story - when I was walking out of the polls, I was stopped and interviewed by Time magazine after I voted on Super Tuesday - they asked me:

who I voted for:
Barack Obama
why did I vote for them:
most honest candidate
and when did I make my decision:
after my trip to DC in December, because Nashville doesn't have as much information and coverage about democratic canidates.
After that, they took me to a truck they had set up for a photoshoot - and I they took about 50 pictures of me looking directly at the camera, smiling, not smiling, turning my head to the right, to the left, crossing my arms...

Yeah - I won't lie, I was super excited for the idea that I'd be quoted in the magazine (but not my first time quoted in a magazine)... and for the past few days couldn't think of much else... but I think NOW, post discovering that I didn't make the cut, the best way to explain my excitement is to post the emails I had sent out after it happened:

As I was leaving voting today in the primary - i was stopped by a reporter from Time Magazine, who interviewed me as to whom I voted for - and I did a whole photo shoot for the magazine - so keep your eyes open next week when they have their issue about super Tuesday - i might just be in it! They asked me when I made my decision - and I
said it was when I was back in DC because here in Nashville they don't have as much information available on Democratic candidates.

AH! I still can't believe this happened!

ps - it's 70 degrees here today in Nashville and humid - I'm wearing my hair pulled back with a headband and pony tale - oversize button down shirt, black pants and tons of jewelry - I feel like I totally just rolled out of bed - but of course - this happens to me today!

you know - when I was younger, I used to think that if I talked about something too much - if I was too excited for it to happen - it just wouldn't happen - and I thought about this when I was emailing all my friends about the interview... but I still did it anyway... and you know what - I wasn't in the magazine for a reason... and I'm ok with that.

And I'm also ok with the fact that I just told the world who I voted for on Super Tuesday.

1 comment:

inthemiddle said...

you are so much kewter than that cate barren -- i mean, pea-green sweater-vest?? CAMMAN!!